Sep 3, 2019
Leadership is a difficult thing
to pin down, but Mel Schwartz has developed a system. He has
identified three pillars of leadership which highlight key traits
that are necessary to a great leader.
Mel Schwartz is a
psychotherapist, author, marriage counselor, speaker, and
consultant. Mel works globally by Skype and locally in Westport,
CT, and Manhattan.
In this episode, Mel joins Will
Scott to discuss the importance of emotion on the culture of a
company, the three pillars of leadership, and how thoughts can
create change in people’s lives.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll
- [1:20] The importance of emotion in the culture
of a company
- [4:01] Emotional Intelligence, and why that’s
the first of Mel’s Pillars of Leadership
- [7:57] Mel’s idea of Intellectual
- [9:25] Authenticity: Mel’s second Pillar of
- [11:49] Becoming authentic is easier for older
people, and Mel’s ideas to instill authenticity in our
- [15:20] What is Radical Emotional
- [20:55] Who in the world might exemplify the
Three Pillars of Leadership?
- [23:45] The difference between defining moments
and confining moments
- [25:31] How we can create change in ourselves
through our thoughts
- [31:03] Mel’s final thoughts for leaders in the
Resources Mentioned in this
Connect with Will